Development Projects and Investment:
1. Tripoli MPs agree to set-up a joint office that will oversee:
1.a. The monitoring of vital projects in Tripoli through continuous communication with government institutions and officials and with the direct support of MPs, will accelerate the implementation of projects like those listed below:
- The building of a central passenger and freight road in Bahsas
- The building of tunnels and bridges to solve congestion and continued work on the Tripoli Perimeter Highway
- The construction of a modern slaughterhouse that meets proper health and environmental standards
1.b. The gathering of studies concerning all of Tripoli’s economic sectors in order to determine the priorities, so that they might be updated. For example:
- The Rashid Karameh International Fair
- The Rene Mouawad International Airport
- The Oil Refinery
- The Sports City
- The Tripoli SEZ (Special Economic Zone)
2. Support for promising sectors of production and development through micro-loans from financial institutions and support for endangered industries (leather-working, wood-working, furniture-making, glass-making, ornament-making)
3. MPs will agree to make all necessary efforts to attract investment in small or medium enterprises to Tripoli
The Education and Training of the Young:
4. Ensure that Tripoli becomes a local and regional centre of education through the development of institutions of higher education in the city and its suburbs. Equally, it is vitally important to work on establishing genuine cooperation between universities and research centres specializing in agriculture, industry and the environment.
5. Finalize the construction of the Lebanese University and develop its assorted faculties.
6. Work for a decrease in the current academic dropout rate of 33% by adopting a law on compulsory education, strengthening vocational training in schools and by creating specialized training centres to develop and augment the kind of professional training (Vocational Training) young people need to enter today’s labour market.
Education and Culture:
7 Work on advertising campaigns to reflect the true face of Tripoli as an open and tolerant city and to promote the city’s touristic attractions and historic sights, in cooperation with relevant ministries and the national airline, MEA.
8. Open dedicated museums (a maritime museum, a museum of Mamluk heritage, an art museum…) and promote the Tripoli seafront.